Gold and Silver Cake11 Reviews
“This is a lovely cake for special occasions. A lovely blend.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar; add egg yolks, mixing well. Combine 2 cups flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder. Add flour mixture alternately with 2/3 cup milk to creamed mixture. Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch round pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until done. Cool.
- Cream 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Combine 2 cups flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with 2/3 cup milk. Beat egg whites, and fold into batter. Stir in flavoring. Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch round pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool.
- Spread your choice of frosting between layers, alternating yellow and white layers. Frost outside of cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 451 cal
- 17.5 g
- 67 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Maybe it was just me, but I followed this recipes to a T. The mix wouldnt pour so I added more milk (making it 1 cup for each of the batters instead of 2/3 cup). Also, the four layers were short and..." See more too much. I recommend just making two layers..putting all of the gold in one and all the silver in another."
"I didn't like this one very much. I tried making it twice and it just didn't turn out. Very dry. This could be my fault. I don't have a flour sifter, so I just fluff the flour in a bowl with a for..." See morek for 10 minuites or so. Maybe I'll try it again when I get a sifter."
"I made this for my mother's 85th birthday. It's a BIG cake, but a great choice for a special occasion! The only suggestion I would make would be to add a little yellow food coloring to the "gold" la..." See moreyers. Mine didn't come out very yellow. I used a whip cream type frosting and it was wonderful! Everyone LOVED it! It is a very magestic creation. Definitely worth the effort."
End of the Rainbow Cake
Marble Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.