Orange Pecan Cookies12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is a great tea time cookie. A pecan cookie with a hint of orange and chocolate. Great for Christmas trays too.” - by HAPPYBAKER1
Original recipe yields 36 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Stir together the flour and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 tablespoon of orange zest, vanilla and orange juice. Stir in the flour and nuts until well blended. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown. Cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small glass or ceramic bowl, and place in the microwave. Heat for 1 minute, then stir. Continue heating and stirring at 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate, and sprinkle the remaining orange zest over the top before the chocolate sets for decoration. Cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator until set, then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 97 cal
- 7 g
- 8.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Came out great, I followed recipe exactly except for the butter (I used "can't believe it's not butter" instead). It was getting picked off the tray before I could even put the chocolate on it!..." See more"
"These cookies are AMAZING!!! Seriously. If you are looking for the ultimate Christmas cookie these are SO perfect. This recipe has become a Xmas cookie favorite in our home; I just made it for the thi..." See morerd time. The flavors of orange and chocolate and 'nuttiness' are comforting and classy. Some things I've adjusted: -I sometimes roll them into 'fingers' and then dip them, kinda fun for presentation. - I always have issues with using the chocolate chips and reccomend quliaty semi-sweet or dark baking chocolate instead. - Toast the pecans first for a richer flavour - Squish the dough balls down, they're better if they're a wee bit thinner - A add a bit of orange zest right into the melted chocolate, and a splash of orange liquor into the dough Thanks for a fantastic recipe!"
Crazy Yummy Cranberry Pecan Cookies with Orange Glaze
Butter Pecan Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.