White Chocolate Pound Cake45 Reviews
“A moist bundt cake, drizzled with two types of chocolate.” - by Debbie Rowe
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch bundt pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of white sugar in the bundt pan.
- Chop four squares of the white chocolate and melted 4 of the others. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups of the sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and the melted white chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped white chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Melt chocolate in the top of two double boilers or in bowls in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack completely. Once cool place cake on a serving dish and drizzle with melted white and semisweet chocolate. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 623 cal
- 31.5 g
- 78.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"I don't see what all the rave reviews are about. I made this cake for my mother in law's birthday as she is a white chocolate lover. But, no one finished their slice--not even the kids--who would ge..." See morenerally eat any kind of cake. We all found it to be a little dry and not very tasty even though I followed the recipe exactly. Needs something."
"I wanted to make a pound cake that was different. This seemed to be the perfect one, white chocolate in a cake? Mmmmmm! The recipe was easy to follow, and the cake tasted good. There are a few thin..." See moregs that I didn't like about the cake. The crust of the cake, was too hard. I think the sugar that is added in the pan before baking, may have had something to do with it. Also, the chocolate in the middle didn't melt well for me, it left a ring around the cake and some came out on the sides of the cake, which made a mess of the pan. I didn't drizzle the chocolate on the top as suggested, I just skipped it. I think the next time I make it, I will mix all of the chocolate in with the mix, and not sprinkle some in the middle as suggested. Otherwise, it was fantastic! I would definately make it again, with a few modifications."
"WE all loved this cake! It was very delish! Instead of drizzling the top with white choc., I served the cake with a simple raspberry sauce (1/2c seedless raspberry preserves, 1 tsp butter, 1/8 tsp alm..." See moreond extract, microwave till warm and liquidy) and over the course of 4 days we polished it off! :) "
Chocolate Pound Cake II
White Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.