Coconut Meringue Cake12 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A good cake to take along on picnics or for lunches.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 9x9-inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in two parts, alternating with milk and vanilla, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spread in the prepared pan.
- To Make Topping: Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add 1/2 cup of the white sugar gradually, and beat until egg whites are stiff. Fold in the coconut. Put spoonfuls here and there over batter, smoothing as best you can.
- Bake in preheated oven until meringue topping starts to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 312 cal
- 15.5 g
- 40.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I love this cake. My Mother used to make a cake like this only it was called Romance Cake. I think that was when you served it to your sweetheart well lets just the cake was named for a reason,FABULOS..." See more. I used my printer to print this on several a pieces of printable magnet. It is on my frige and I gave others to friends and family I won't missplace this recipe ever again."
"i can tell this could be a fabulous cake. however, i couldn't get the cake to cook in 35 minutes. i kept having to put it back in the oven , then the merangue got to well done. wondering what i did w..." See morerong."
Coconut Cake I
Coconut Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.