Blue Cheese Cheesecake14 Reviews
“Serve with crackers and cocktail rye bread.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat cream cheese and blue cheese in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy--about 5 minutes. Mix in 1 cup sour cream and pepper. Add eggs - one at a time - mixing well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into buttered 9 inch springform pan. Bake 60 - 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Carefully spread 1 1/4 cup sour cream over top. Return to oven 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- To serve, place on serving plate. Carefully remove sides of pan. Decorate top with red pepper cut into flower shapes with small cookie cutter and green onion tops as stems.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 324 cal
- 29.8 g
- 4.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I used a mix of GORGONZOLA and Danish Blue cheese. I chopped up a large red pepper and lots and lots of green onions. I covered the entire cake with this mixture pressing it all firmly into the cake...." See more Made it look FABULOUS and it tastes better with the vegetables in every bite. You may even want to scatter a lot around the cake so guests can scoop up extra onto their plate. I made one for three people and HALF of it was gone in an hour. This is a perfect recipe and everyone LOVES IT! I have made 7 of them to date and find these minor adjustments to the recipe give it that exceptional edge thats right for any occasion where an unusual appetizer is desired. You dont get a blue cheesecake everyday! Really good with large sesame encrusted breadsticks!"
"I served this at a holiday party and everyone was asking for the recipe! I arranged the green onion into a Christmas tree and red pepper chunks as ornaments; on top of the cheesecake. Thanks for the..." See more recipe!"
"Great appetizer. My guests loved it. I scaled it down to four servings and baked it in a 6" springform pan. The baking time has to be adjusted for the smaller quantity and I just checked it periodi..." See morecally until it appeared to be done. I took another reviewer's suggestion and chopped red pepper and green onion to put all over the top, and I used thin strips of green onion as a garnish. I too liked the veggie bits in each bite. Definitely something different, attractive and good."
Blue Cheese Dip II
Blue Cheese Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.