Apricot-Cherry Bars With Oatmeal Crumble Topping5 Reviews
“Apricot-Cherry Bars With Oatmeal Crumble Topping are delectable, bake-ahead and foolproof.” - by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Original recipe yields 50 bite-sized bars
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13-by-9-inch Pyrex baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Stir in butter with a fork until well mixed and clumps have formed. Spread 1 1/2 packed cups of oat mixture over the bottom of the pan, pressing to form a thin crust.
- Mix coconut, almonds, cherries, apricots and milk in a large bowl. Pour over crust, using a rubber spatula to evenly distribute and press down. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over dried fruit filling.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. (You can cover and store at room temperature up to 2 days.)
- To serve, cut into generous 1 1/2-inch squares.
Amount Per Serving (50 total)
- 150 cal
- 5.8 g
- 22.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Very sweet. The overwhelming sweetness overpowered the natural sweetness of the apricots and the delicious tart dried cherries. Not something I would make again. But I give it 2 stars because all the ..." See moreladies in my bible study wanted the recipe! Tastes are different."
"I really hate to be the first to review a recipe and give a bad review, but my family just didn't like these. The crust/topping was good, but the end result was just too gooey and sweet for us. ..." See more"
Perfect Berry Shortcakes
Oatmeal Apple Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.