Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing311 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This is a very moist and light carrot muffin. It's not too sweet and not greasy like other carrot muffins/cakes. The White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing adds just enough sweetness to round it off.” - by BAKERAMA
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In small saucepan, melt white chocolate over low heat. Stir until smooth, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in white chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and orange extract. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Mix in heavy cream.
- Beat together the eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl, and mix in the oil and vanilla. Fold in carrots and pineapple. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix flour mixture into the carrot mixture until evenly moist. Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts. Transfer to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before topping with the icing and sprinkling with remaining walnuts.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 639 cal
- 32.2 g
- 84.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (311)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe for my boyfriend's birthday, his favourite cake is carrot cake. They turned out well, he loved them...I topped them with a few curls of shaved white chocolate for pizzaz! The only c..." See moreomplaint I have is that the recipe for the icing makes a totally ridiculous amount of icing - a big waste of ingredients!! Next time I'd cut the icing recipe at least in half."
"This recipe was fabulous!! I doubled the cupcake recipe and kept the frosting recipe as is and had just the right amount of frosting. I found that once the frosting was on the cupcakes the orange fl..." See moreavor was just right, not overpowering at all. I used 1 C. whole wheat flour to 2 C. all-purpose flour and substituted coconut for the walnuts. I kept everything else the same and got rave reviews and many requests for this recipe! I definitely recommend using this recipe."
Awesome Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Just swipe to see more like this.