Swiss Cheesecake1 Reviews
“A different cheesecake -- made from Swiss cheese.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch cake
- For crust combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, ground nuts, cinnamon and melted butter. Press onto bottom and part way up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Chill crust while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- For filling, beat cottage cheese in small mixing bowl on high speed of mixer until almost smooth -- about 5 minutes. Set aside. Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in Swiss cheese and cottage cheese until well-blended - about 3 minutes - on medium speed of mixer. Beat in sugar, extracts and salt. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually blend in flour. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cheese mixture. Spoon into crust.
- Bake 60 - 65 minutes or until center is set.
- Turn oven heat off. Open oven door and let cake cool in oven. It is normal for the cake to sink slightly in center. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Place cake on serving plate. Carefully remove sides of pan.
- For glaze place pears (apples can be used) in a decorative pattern on top of cheesecake. Heat currant jelly in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Spoon small amount over pear slices. Refrigerate glazed cake at least one hour. To serve, reheat jelly and spoon a small amount over each piece.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 481 cal
- 23.5 g
- 53.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cheesecake for Easter for my inlaws. They enjoyed it! I really like how this cheesecake is different from others, and that it is nice and light! This cake may not be for everyone (in taste..." See more) I loved it and so did my husbands family!! Will be making it again soon!!!"
Key Lime Cheesecake II
Just swipe to see more like this.