Mocha Decadence12 Reviews
“A real chocolate lover's delight. Ground pecans can be used in place of the walnuts. Decorate with coffee beans or candy, if desired.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch springform
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, stirring until blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed of electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until thick and lemon-colored. Stir together ground walnuts and flour; gradually stir into egg mixture.
- Stir 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur and the vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture, then stir into the batter until well blended. Pour batter into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until top is set. Cool cake in pan. Remove metal ring and place cake on a serving plate. Dust the top with confectioners' sugar. Stir together 2 ounces melted chocolate and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur. Drizzle over cake.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 289 cal
- 19.6 g
- 25.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Holy Cow, is this chocolatey! I made this gluten-free, substituting corn starch for flour, and extra strong coffee (4x) for the chocolate liqueur. It got raves, but you can only eat a small amount. ..." See moreNext time I will grease and flour the bottom of my pan. [Note: walnuts have a lot of oil in them, and there is a fine line between ground walnuts and walnut butter. You may want to add the flour to the nuts as you grind them.]"
"Wow, this is definitely a keeper!! Simple and fast- very chocolately, very decadent! Wonderful for company. As with the previous reviewer, I found it helpful to add flour when grinding the walnuts. ..." See more Looks and tastes even better when served with fresh raspberries (and a raspberry coulis if you have time)."
"Made this for a dinner party... everyone loved it. Just the right amount of chocolate flavor without being way over the top. My only complaint was that it didn't taste cofee-y at all.... just chocol..." See moreately. Might need to add instant coffee. Did use the tip with putting the flour in with the walnuts... worked great. "
Chocolate Decadence Cake I
Sour Cream Mocha Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.