Carol's Butter Pecan Cake39 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a cake that can be served anytime.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 3 - 9 inch layer cake
- Grease and flour bottoms of three 9 inch layer pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and brown 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sift flour with baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cream remaining butter in large mixing bowl. Gradually add 2 cups sugar; cream at high speed of mixer until light and fluffy. At medium speed blend in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. At low speed add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla extract, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend well after each addition. Stir in 1 1/3 cups pecans. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched in center. When cool, blend remaining pecans with Creamy Butter Frosting; spread between layers and on top.
- To Make Creamy Butter Frosting: Cream 1/4 cup butter or margarine in mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, salt, 4 cups confectioners' sugar and 1/3 to 1/2 cup cream. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. If necessary, thin with additional cream.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 596 cal
- 30.7 g
- 77.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"This is a wonderful cake. I made it for my dad's birthday and everyone loved it. I frosted it with a caramel frosting (butter, brown sugar, conf. sugar)- the one listed didn't look very interesting ..." See moreto me. It was a perfect combination."
"This turned out great. I'm a wedding cake designer and I will use this recipe again and again. If overbaked the cake can be a lil dry otherwise I really recomend the cake. Thankyou for sharing this on..." See moree."
"I Looove this cake. I make it a lot...I am a cake decorator and once someone samples this cake..it becomes their go to cake for anything!! The only changes I suggest..for a lighter, more airy textur..." See moree is to use self-rising flour and omit the backing powder...or use cake flour...i believe 1 cup AP flour = 1 cup + 1 TB of cake flour. Anyways...great cake!! I looove it with a caramel filling and butter frosting or caramel icing too...yummm~!"
Amazing Pecan Coffee Cake
Lemon Cake with Lemon Filling and Lemon Butter Frosting
Just swipe to see more like this.