Victory Chocolate Cake4 Reviews
“This recipe dates from World War II when sugar was in short supply and very precious.” - by Kate
Original recipe yields 1 13x9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Cream shortening and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy using electric mixer at medium speed. Blend in the corn syrup and egg yolks. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee to creamed mixture. Gently fold in egg whites. Pour batter into greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 minutes or until cake is done. Cool in pan on rack and frost as desired.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 178 cal
- 7.4 g
- 27.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Ok but i felt it didn't have much flavour..." See more"
"I made and brought this to a family Chistmas gathering a few weeks ago, it was amazing! Their dog got ahold of the leftovers and I was so dissappointed (the dog is okay). The coffee makes the chocola..." See morete flavor so much richer and darker. I am remaking another one tonight. I had to use an egg replacer for my daughters allergies which has me very nervous as it didn't really set up as well as egg whites, so we'll see, fingers crossed."
Simple 'N' Delicious Chocolate Cake
Best Moist Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.