Guava Cake15 Reviews
“This is a unique old recipe using fresh guavas.” - by Judy
Original recipe yields 1 -13x9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 13x9 inch pan.
- Sift together flour, nutmeg, soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In another bowl, mix together guava pulp and juice.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add flour mixture and guava mixture alternately to creamed mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 373 cal
- 15 g
- 55.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"It came out absolutely perfect! If you increase the guava paste by 1/4 cup and the baking soda by 1/4 tsp it will be super moist...." See more"
"My mother and I made this guava cake recently in Hawaii, where you'll find that most guava cakes are light and spongey, with a natural tinge of guava-pink. This particular recipe yielded a moist, swee..." See moret, orange-colored cake that was almost like banana bread. This cake was especially good the next morning for breakfast, sliced like bread and slathered with a bit of butter. Few people, even in Hawaii, are likely to find fresh guavas, however. Try guava paste from specialty food stores. Enjoy! Aloha!"
"born and raised in Hawaii, i am addicted to guava cake. i gave this recipe to a friend in Hawaii, it is so easy to make because guava's grow on every corner of the streets on the Big Island. it was a ..." See morehit!, it was different than the original "Hawaiian Guava Cake", the original is Pink and very fluffy, almost like an Angel Food Cake tecture. But, this was delicious as well..."
Banana Cake V
Marble Swirl Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.