Coco-Cola Cake III38 Reviews
“A sweet cake made with Cola soft drink and marshmallows.” - by Robin
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Sift the flour, white sugar and baking soda together.
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring 1 cup of the butter, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 1 cup of the cola drink to a boil. Pour into the flour mixture and stir in the marshmallows, buttermilk and the beaten eggs. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove cake from oven and top with Coco-Cola Topping while cake is still warm.
- To Make Coco-Cola Topping: In a saucepan bring 1/2 cup of the butter or margarine, 6 tablespoons of the cola drink and 3 tablespoons of the cocoa to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners' sugar, chopped nuts and vanilla. Spread topping over cake while still warm.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 341 cal
- 15.5 g
- 50.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (38)Rate This Recipe
"The cake portion of this was very good, moist and with a light chocolate flavor. I would not call it fudgy - the flavor reminds me more of red velvet cake than of a traditional chocolate cake. I use..." See mored Dr. Pepper, and cut the amount of butter by half; otherwise made as written. (Don't use diet soda - the artificial sweetener is not heat stable!) I did not care for the topping though (which is more of a glaze, not a frosting) - it was WAY too sweet. I made a 9x9 cake and 12 cupcakes; the cake got the topping and the cupcakes were frosted with a "flour icing" recipe, which was much less sweet and complemented the cake better. All in all, pretty good recipe."
"Unbelievable!! I have had this cake before and wanted to find the recipe. I'm sooooo glad I did. The cake is yummy moist and the marshmellows add such a great consistency. This one's a keeper!!..." See more"
"This cake reminds me a lot of Texas Sheet Cake...I think the only true difference is that this one adds coca-cola & marshmallows. I used Saco powdered buttermilk as I only rarely use buttermilk. I jus..." See moret added a couple of tbp. in w/ the dry ingredients & added a 1/2 cup of water when I added the eggs. I didn't much care for the frosting until I had it on the cake & then it was superb. Other than using the Saco buttermilk blend, I made no changes to this recipe. It's a keeper as is!"
Texas Sheet Cake V
The Best Chocolate Cake You Ever Ate
Just swipe to see more like this.