Best Ever Cheesecake17 Reviews
“This is the only cheesecake that I have found that has the shortdough crust and it is a good tasting cake. It takes time to make, but is well worth the time.” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch cheese cake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- To Make Dough Crust: Combine 1 cup of the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel. Cut in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the beaten egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Pat 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of one 9 inch springform pan with the sides removed. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 6 minutes. Let cool then butter sides of pan and attach to bottom. Pat the remaining dough evenly on the sides to a height of 2 inches.
- To Make Filling: Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degree C). Stir cream cheese to soften, then beat until fluffy add 1/8 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
- Mix 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt and the remaining sugar together. Gradually blend this mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Add the eggs and the egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each one. Gently stir in the heavy cream. Pour batter into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) for 5 to 8 minutes or until top edge of crust is golden. Reduce heat to 200 degrees F (100 degrees C) and continue baking for 1 hour. Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for at least 3 hours. Remove sides of pan to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 360 cal
- 26.7 g
- 24.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Frankly, this cheesecake is exquisite! I'm one of those cheesecake buffs, who will bake and bake until I find the one that suits my palate, and this recipe steals the show. Birdlady,(previous commen..." See moret), try the recipe again, you'll surprise yourself. I tip my hat off to you Cathy, well done! Aloha!"
"This was the best cheesecake I have ever had. It was easy to make, had easy ingredients, and came out wonderful. It was light, creamy, and just sweet enough. Everyone loved it and I plan to make 2 for..." See more Christmas! Try this cake...you will not be sorry."
Key Lime Cheesecake I
Just swipe to see more like this.