Chicken Stuffed Shells46 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“These chicken stuffed shells are easy and very yummy. Plus they heat up as leftovers really well! My family loves them!!! I usually cook a 3-4 pound chicken and use it for the shells and a chicken salad.” - by JOONEY
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare the stuffing according to package directions.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta shells in the pot, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a saucepan, mix the cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and prepared stuffing. Fill the cooked pasta shells with the chicken mixture, and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the soup mixture over the stuffed shells. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 575 cal
- 21.6 g
- 53.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"i did some major tweaking based on past comments and here's what my family loved: 1 box chicken flavored stuffing mix instead of plain, 1 can cream of chicken and herb soup, 1 can broth and 1 contain..." See moreer sour cream, instead of cream of celery. i deleted garlic and salt since stuffing mix was seasoned. rest stayed the same. i also served with a gravy and broth sauce on the side for adults. kids loved them plain. wil definitely make this combination again."
"This dish went together so quickly and neatly when I grabbed my cookie scoop (like a small ice cream scoop...like a healping Tbls. worth) to fill the cooked pasta shells! I did try adding white wine i..." See moren place of some of the broth as a reader suggested but it simply didn't help us like the flavor of the canned soup 'gravy'...next time I'll use 1 can of condensed soup and 2 cups of prepared chicken/turkey gravy to. I used 1 large can of chicken from Costco and a large can of turkey meat from Trader Joe's in place of the whole chicken called for. This recipe made so much that I've frozen one casserole (18 stuffed shells) prepped up to the point of baking it. ::crossing fingers:: that it will thaw/bake up nicely when I pull it out for a future meal."
"I didn't make this recipe but I wanted to add what I do with mine that are very similar. I add 1 cup Miracle Whip and a couple handfuls cheddar cheese to the stuffing and chicken mixture. And I don'..." See moret make that mixture of soups on the stove. I just spread 1 can condensed cream of chicken on top and 1 can on top of the shells once you line the pan with them. You may need to add a couple tbsp. water. The Miracle Whip gives it a delicious tang."
Stuffed Shells III
Stuffed Shells II
Just swipe to see more like this.