Lime Kissed Cheesecake17 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 day 2 hr 50 min
“This cheesecake will steal the limelight at a summer party! This cake looks beautiful garnished with a stem of featherleaf fern.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup sifted flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, and butter with a pastry blender to make coarse crumbs. With a fork, mix in the lime peel, egg yolk, and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Dough will have a paste-like consistency. Cover the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with the crust mixture. Bake in preheated oven until slightly brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, and 1/2 cup flour; beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated before adding the next egg. Mix in 1 cup lime juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake until center of the cheesecake doesn't wiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour. Remove cake from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Release spring on the outside rim after 1 hour of cooling time, but do not remove the sides. Loosening the spring will help to prevent the cake from cracking. If you remove the rim, the cake will not hold its shape. Chill the cake several hours before serving. Cake develops better flavor if chilled overnight.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 612 cal
- 43.2 g
- 46.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This cheesecake turned out excellent. I did not follow the crust recipe, but used my own graham cracker crust recipe with a lime twist. I melted 6 tb of butter with 1 tb of grated lime peel and 1 ts..." See morep of lime juice. Mix melted butter combo with 2 cups of crushed graham crackers combined with 5 tb of gran sugar. Press into 9" springform pan and bake for 10 min at 350 F. I combined the ingredients like I would a typical cheescake. I combined sugar/cream cheese first, then added vanilla and eggs one at a time, then lime juice, then the remaining dry ingredients. I never bake cheesecakes over 300 F, so I baked this one at 300 F for about 80 min or until the middle is still slightly wiggly (if it doesn't wiggle, it gets overcooked). Yes, 5 packages of cream cheese makes for a very heavy cake, but it turns out great. While cooling, make sure to slide a plastic spatula or knife between the cake and the pan to eliminate cracks (I did not loosen the spring on the pan like the directions indicated). My cake didn't turn out too tart (I think the graham cracker crust helped sweeten things) and everybody loved it. It was perfect for my summertime bbq. Would definitely make it again."
"While the cake tasted great, I found that the recipe wasn't well written. Some of the directions were a bit confusing and I even thought some might have been missing. As well, some of the amounts seem..." See moreed odd to me. 5 packages of cream cheese? I used 3 and found that was more than enough. Does the springform pan have to be prepared in any way? Greased? Floured? The recipe doesn't say. Also, I had some issues with the crust. I followed the recipe exactly yet as soon as I put the crust into the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes, it started to slide down the sides of my pan. Also, during the cooling process, my cake developed a crack right in the middle. Luckily I was able to hide it with ferns, lime and flowers but it was still frustrating to know that my beautiful cake was imperfect. This recipe is very time consuming and frustrating to make."
"I took a lot of shortcuts on this and it still tasted wonderful. I halved the recipe, used bottled juice instead of fresh, and drizzled some lime juice over a store bought graham cracker crust before..." See more filling. I took it to work and we devoured it. One woman said it was the best cheesecake she had ever tasted. Thanks! - EDIT - 4 years later, I still love this. I have now made it per the recipe, and it comes out a lot more tart with fresh squeezed juice, but it's still delicious to me. I did get a big crack in the middle when I made the full-sized one, so I covered it with garnish"
Easy Sour Cream Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.