Heavenly Chipped Chocolate and Hazelnut Cheesecake53 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr
“A chocoholic's dream. Something for a very special occasion.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Using a blender or a food processor, finely chop 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Transfer ground chocolate to a mixing bowl. Add vanilla wafer crumbs, ground hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and melted butter or margarine. Mix until well combined. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar; mix well. Add the eggs and 3 tablespoons liqueur. Mix until well blended. Coarsely chop 1 cup of the semisweet chocolate chips, and stir the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into the cooled crust.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour. Let cake cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove outer ring from pan; allow cake to cool completely.
- Melt 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips over hot (not boiling) water. Stir until smooth. Dip 13 hazelnuts into the chocolate, covering one-half of each nut. Shake off the excess chocolate. Place on a waxed-paper lined plate and chill until set.
- Stir the sour cream into the remaining melted chocolate and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur. Spread glaze on top of the cooled cheesecake. Garnish with chocolate-dipped hazelnuts.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 638 cal
- 43 g
- 58 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (53)Rate This Recipe
"This is a fantastic cheesecake...very elegant and rich. I used crushed Oreos instead of chocolate chips and vanilla wafer crumbs on the crust, and the toasted hazelnuts added a perfect touch! I also c..." See morehopped up some Ferrero Rocher candies and mixed them into the batter before baking. Rave Reviews!!!"
"Be warned, everyone will think you had this cake professionally made. It's very easy to make and everyone absolutely loved it. I recommend using a blender for all crushing. I already have three more o..." See morerders for this cake."
"I wavered between giving this recipe 4 stars or 5. Overall the cheesecake turned out fabulous and everyone loved it! My biggest problem with it is that there was too much semi-sweet chocolate flavor ..." See moreand not enough hazelnut. If I make it again, i will not put the chocolate chips in the crust like it calls for. Something else I was annoyed with was the amount of work I had to put into it (and normally I love a challenge). Just make sure you have a food processor or blender before you start (as a college student, I don't have either of those luxeries so I had to crush all of the chocolate chips by hand which was redundant). Well, i focused so much on the negatives, that, i don't want to leave out any other positives. The cheesecake itself is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous when it is all done. However, instead of dipping hazelnuts into chocolate for the topping, i simply put the chocolate/sourcream mixtre on top of the cake and then sprinkled it with toasted hazelnuts. The taste was outstanding and the texture was great. Overall, I was very pleased...I will keep this one in mind for the future."
White Chocolate Cheesecake with White Chocolate Brandy Sauce
Chocolate Cheesecake V
Just swipe to see more like this.