Blueberry Buckle859 Reviews
“I make this at least twice when blueberries are in season. Makes a great coffeecake or dessert.” - by JBS BOX
Original recipe yields 1 -8x8 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
- Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan.
- To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 319 cal
- 10.8 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (859)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this recipe was excellent. I don't understand some reviewers changing the recipe around and then rating it based on the changes. It should be rated on the original recipe--that's what peop..." See morele are reading."
"Looking for something to make with blueberries, I came across this recipe, one I've been making exactly, for over 40 years. I have never found it necessary to change it at all. It is moist, bursting w..." See moreith berries, with a beautiful streusel topping. For me to repeat a recipe as I have with this one, for more times than I could ever count, speaks volumes about this wonderful cake. Another example of how perfection needn't be tinkered with."
"I double the recipe and use a 9 x 13 pan. I don't double the fruit, though. I use 2 cups of fruit for a 9 x 13 pan, there's still tons of fruit in the cake. I've also used raspberries, huckleberrie..." See mores, and black berries in this recipe, all of which came out great! Just make sure you toss the fruit in a tablespoon or so of flour before adding them to the recipe, that way the fruit will not sink to the bottom. These are best served with vanilla ice cream and a few berries sprinkled on top."
Blueberry Coffee Cake III
Blueberry Buckle II
Just swipe to see more like this.