Fresh Apple Spice Cake17 Reviews
“This is a lovely fall dessert which is a lovely moist and dark cake.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch tube cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Place apples, water and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium heat until tender. Approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Remove apple mixture from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the remaining 2-1/2 cups white sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the apple mixture (including the liquid).
- Stir the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves together. Beat the flour mixture into the apple mixture until just thoroughly moistened. Stir in the raisins. Turn the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool and rack. Makes about 20 to 24 servings.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 532 cal
- 20.3 g
- 84 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"WOW!! This cake is so great, you just have to try it! I did make one change...I didn't have ground cloves, so I added an extra tsp of cinnamon. This HUGE cake bakes to a very dark color and has a ver..." See morey moist texture. I made a simple glaze using milk and powdered suger which I drizzled over the top. PERFECT PERFECT...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! This one is definitely going into my permanent recipe box! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"This cake is wonderful! Just the thing for a breakfast cake in place of muffins. I added cinnamon to the apples, used all brown sugar in the cake batter, switched the proportions of wheat to white fl..." See moreour. I baked it in a 9 x 13 glass cake dish, topped with oatmeal streusel, for 20 mins at 400 and turned the heat down to 325 for 55 mins. "
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Cinnamon Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.