Strawberry Cream Roll57 Reviews
“Ideal for that special ending to a special luncheon. Decorate this jelly roll with crystallized violets, if desired. A few fresh violet leaves on top also may be used.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 jelly roll cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a jelly roll pan. Line it with buttered foil or buttered parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar, beating constantly. Stir in water and vanilla extract. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter into tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It should be springy to the touch, and beginning to shrink away from the sides of the pan.
- Lay out a tea towel, and sprinkle it with confectioners' sugar. Turn the jelly roll out on the towel. Take off the paper or foil. Cut away crusty edges. Roll the cake up in the towel, and leave it to cool.
- Whip the cream. Add unflavored gelatin and 1 tablespoon sugar. Fold in strawberries. Unroll the cake. Spread with the strawberry cream, and roll up again. Chill. Cover the top with more whipped cream when serving.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 167 cal
- 7 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"This was so good!! I used alot of tips from previous reviewers, thanks!! First I added some lemon zest to the jelly roll batter, then I added about 4 oz of cream cheese to the filling and I used straw..." See moreberry jello instead of unflavored gelatin. The strawberry jello added a really nice color. I dusted the top of the rolled cake with powdered sugar and placed three dollops of reserved filling mixture on top of the roll then on top of each dollop I placed a fanned out strawberry. Both childern and adults loved this recipe. So yummy!!"
"The first time I made this, the cake turned out very rubbery. I suspected that it was a mistake on my part, so I made it again and beat the eggs more. That time, the cake was great. I suggest beating ..." See morethe eggs with a mixer on the high setting for no less than 5 minutes. I added strawberry gelatin to the cream and omitted the sugar, since the gelatin was already sweetened."
Easy, Eggless Strawberry Ice Cream
Angel Food Cake and Strawberry Cream Roll
Just swipe to see more like this.