Muddy Chocolate Cheese Cake7 Reviews
“The special thing about this cheese cake is the hole in the center of it which you fill with melted chocolate . That's why it is called "Muddy Chocolate Cheese Cake." Enjoy it while its hot.” - by Murooj Ibraheem
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch round cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil and flour a 9 inch round pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine and 1 cup sugar. Beat in 3 eggs. Blend in yogurt. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Melt 6 chocolate bars; blend into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake tests done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Cut a hole in the center of the cake that does not go all the way through the cake. Melt another 6 sweet chocolate bars, and pour into the hole.
- Beat cream cheese, 3 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 3/4 cup sugar together until smooth. Pour over the cake. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on the top of the cake. Return to oven. Bake until the sugar melts and browns. Serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 634 cal
- 34.8 g
- 73.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe can be wonderful with a little imagination.I have made this recipe 3 times. The first time, I followed the recipe accordingly.(except I did use a bigger cake pan).The chocolate in the midd..." See morele want all over the pan, after it was cut.No one was really impressed.But it was good. The second time I made the cake,I did it my way(wink).I used the bigger baking pan.I changed the Chocolate to chips.(16 oz.melted),instead of a hole in the middle of the cake.I want and poked several holes thoughout the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.Then I spread the chocolate all over the cake. Then I poured the cream cheese mixture of the chocolate.It turned out wonderful.Everyone bragged about how good it was. Then this last time I made it for Valentines day dinner party. I used the second method, but I topped it with canned cherries.Drizzled Chocolate also around the cherry topping.Everyone want crazy over it. My forth attempt will chocolate cake bottom, with melted Peanut butter chips as the muddy part. I hope this has helped some of u with this recipe."
"In all honesty I find it difficult to recommend this recipe. It tasted fine I suppose but a week later with three kids in the house there is still half of the cake still in the ‘fridge. The inst..." See moreructions say to put the batter in a 9” cake pan and then later to put the cheese on top of it. I had serious doubts about that when I saw the amount of batter for the bottom. Against my better instincts I did as I was told. Once baked, there was no way to fit the cheese top in the pan. I transferred the baked bottom to a 9” springform pan which, of course, has higher sides. It worked out ok. Make sure the pan is put together properly and use aluminum foil to wrap to outside to prevent leaks. Philadelphia Cream Cheese no longer tells you how many cups are in an eight oz. package So beware, it takes two. If you want the center to be soft when serving, timing is important. Whether for family or guests, perhaps you have other things to do rather than fuss over this timing issue. "
"My daughter and her friend chose this recipe and proceeded to make it without reading the reviews. All I can say is: USE A BIGGER PAN! We followed the directions and tried to make it work with the ..." See more9" pan called for in the recipe. Much too small - it overflowed, there was not enough room for the cheesecake mixture, or the extra chocolate. We had to throw the mess away - waste of money! We should have read the reviews first :)"
One Bowl Chocolate Cake I
Brownstone Front Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.