Fudge Layer Cake12 Reviews
“This decadent cake is creamy-smooth and buttery. It literally melts in your mouth and leaves you swooning for more! Sprinkle frosted cake with chocolate shavings.” - by Lisa
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch layer cake
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and white and brown sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla. At low speed, begin by adding a little of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Alternate with buttermilk until all are blended together. Start and end with flour.
- Line bottoms of 2 9-inch pans with waxed paper; grease and flour. Pour batter in.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 25-30 minutes. Test with toothpick. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning onto racks to cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: Cream together 3/4 cup butter and confectioners' sugar. Slowly add melted chocolate and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Frost cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 584 cal
- 28.9 g
- 81.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"My family loved this cake when I made it. The cake batter tastes just like a boxed version, only better homemade! It took a while for me to frost it, I think it called for too much confectioner's su..." See moregar, but it turned out great and I would definitely make this again!"
"'Nothing special. 'Not fudgy. 'Not memorable. Next time, I'll use up buttermilk another way - like with Grandmother's buttermilk cornbread. It's crumb-y, but pretty though!..." See more"
Italian Creme Layer Cake
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.