Almond Pound Cake26 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Elegant dessert for a Christmas buffet. Not your ordinary pound cake!” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch Bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until well mixed with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Blend in flour and salt. Mix in almond extract. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Break off tablespoon-sized pieces of the almond paste, and shape into holly leaves. Using the tip of a knife, score the shaped holly leaf to resemble veins in the leaves. Mix green food coloring with a small amount of water and brush the holly leaves, repeating until desired color is reached. Set aside on waxed paper. Break off 2 tablespoons of almond paste, and knead in several drops of red food coloring. When color of almond paste is a bright red, break off smaller pieces. Roll into balls to resemble holly berries. Place on waxed paper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar and milk. Mix until smooth. When the cake has cooled, drizzle with the confectioners' sugar glaze. Top with blanched almonds, and garnish with the marzipan holly leaves and berries.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 531 cal
- 26.4 g
- 67.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"This cake was delicious! I didn't decorate it, I just made a plain almond cake and topped it with the glaze. I added a little almond and vanilla extract to the glaze. Since I read the review that sa..." See moreid the cake was dry, I added about 1/2 cup of sour cream. I cooked it in a silcone bundt pan that I got for Christmas (the first time I used it), so it seemed to cook slower. It needed the full hour but it browned nicely and was moist and delicious. My guests loved it!!"
Glazed Almond Bundt Cake
Yellow Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.