Ground Beef and Rice with Cheese68 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“I made this recipe quite a few years ago and it's still one of my husband and my favorites. My husband calls it heaven on a spoon!” - by CAMIMCC
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the condensed tomato soup and chili powder; cook until heated through.
- Spread 1/3 of the rice into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and cover with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture. Place 2 slices of processed cheese over the meat, then cover with 2 more layers of rice and meat. Arrange the remaining 6 slices of cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole has heated through and the cheese is bubbly and browned, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 882 cal
- 49.2 g
- 74.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (68)Rate This Recipe
"This dish tastes awesome, but you do have to make some changes. First of all, I cooked the rice in the rice cooker first and I decreased the amount of ground beef, and the cans of tomato soup. Lastl..." See morey, I used regular cheddar instead of velveeta. "
"This recipe is just not right. Where do I start--First of all, it calls for a 1 qt baking dish. This is impossible considering it calls for 3 cans of soup which is almost a quart in itself. I made ..." See morethe recipe tonight and didn't find it anything special. There is way too much chili powder. Rice cannot be properly cooked using 1 cup water to 1 cup rice. There should be 2 cups of water. I feel I wasted food tonight."
"This does have a pretty nice taste to it. I made it for my husband and myself one Sunday night when we wanted something quick and tasty. We used ground turkey instead of beef and liked the way that tu..." See morerned out- however, I love cheese and I think next time I might ad twice as much. Just wasn't quite enough for me. Also, didn't fit in a 1 Qt casserole- I had to use my 2 Qt. "
Grandma's Ground Beef Casserole
Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.