Jam Cake3 Reviews
“Great cake for the holidays.” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 or 9 inch layer cake
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour with soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add nuts and raisins to dry ingredients if using.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Add jam. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Cool, and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To make Cream Cheese Frosting: mix together until creamy 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 621 cal
- 25 g
- 96.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Ths cake was wonderful!! It reminded me of the one my grandmother used to make-Delicious!..." See more"
"I only used the icing recipe, I have a recipe for my grandma's jam cake. But the icing was really good...." See more"
"This smelled great while it was baking and it is good but you should use parchment in the pans. It really stuck badly. The base of each layer is rather tough and chewy. Maybe it will soften up after i..." See moret sits with the frosting though. It is rather sweet but I bet my kids will like it. I have never had a jam cake before this one so I wasn't sure what to expect. We'll probably eat it up but I am not sure I would make it again."
Georgia's Tennessee Jam Cake
President Andrew Jackson's Favorite Blackberry Jam Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.