Heritage Jam Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A butter cake with fruit and nuts. The secret ingredient is grape jam.” - by Barbara
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch, round cake pans, and line with parchment paper.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, salt, and spices.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk: stir well.
- Cream butter or margarine. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Dredge dates and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup flour, and fold into batter. Carefully fold grape jam into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans, and cool completely.
- Spread hot Kentucky Fruit Filling between the layers and on top of the cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 586 cal
- 24.5 g
- 87.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This cake is good. I like the flavor and the texture. I didn't love the orange in the recommended fruit filling so next time I try this recipe, it will be with a different topping: either I will modif..." See morey the fruit filling and use apples or maybe try a mocha or cream cheese frosting. A few things: it makes lots of batter - it almost overflowed in my 9" pans. This is a massive, hearty cake. Also, make sure you really mix in the jam or else you will get holes in your cake from where there were chunks of jam that have melted."
Georgia's Tennessee Jam Cake
Blackberry Jam Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.