Eggnog Cake14 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a wonderful refrigerator cake for any time you can find eggnog at the grocery store. It is a beautiful and decadent cake for any holiday or New Year's party, but my family will eat it any time.” - by BARBCORNIA
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- For the Cake: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs, 2 cups eggnog, melted butter, nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp rum flavored extract. Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool on wire racks.
- For the Filling: Mix together the vanilla pudding mix, 2 cups eggnog, and 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- For the Whipped Topping: In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the cold water, allow to stand for 5 minutes to soften and then stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Whip the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl to soft peaks. Add the sugar, gelatin, and 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract, and continue whipping to stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Build the Cake: Remove the cakes from the cake pans. Place one round onto a serving plate. Spoon the filling onto the cake round, and spread over the cake evenly. Place the second cake round on top of the filling. Cover the top and sides of the layered cake with the whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 599 cal
- 30.8 g
- 75 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"THIS WAS SPECTACULAR! I needed to make something festive for a Christmas potluck at work, and a cake seemed pretty easy to transport. I chose eggnog because that flavor isn't my favorite and I didn't ..." See morewant to be tempted to eat a TON of it. I cut a piece to bring a coworker and noticed how moist it looked, and had to try some myself. PEOPLE, this has got to be one of the most delicious and professional tasting cakes ever. It has a strong but delicious and rich eggnog flavor. It was very easy too aside from the weird geletin in water thing which I found to be clumpy but mixed into the whipped cream anyway. I sprinkled mine with some color since it was white white white. If you are a fan of eggnog, do NOT pass this one up! My house still smells delicious days later too!"
"I submitted this recipe, but forgot to tell you that you can put it in a 9 by 13 inch pan, also. Make sure that you use a deep 9 by 13 because there is a lot of filling and toppings. Enjoy! ..." See more "
"This recipe was really great! I did make some alterations - I used a white cake mix instead of yellow, I didn't have rum extract, I used vanilla instead, I also used oil instead of butter. I baked i..." See moren a 10x13 pan and didn't use the filling. For the icing, I used 500ml of whipping cream, 1cup of icing sugar, 1/2cup of eggnog & 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding. This cake was super moist & even my husband who doesn't like eggnog loved this cake. I will definitely make this again!"
Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle
Just swipe to see more like this.