Five Flavor Pound Cake I136 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Five flavors blending to create a superlative pound cake.” - by PJ Coward
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch tube cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch tube pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a measuring cup, combine the milk and 1 teaspoon each coconut, lemon, rum, butter and vanilla extracts; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and 3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out of pan onto wire rack. Place waxed paper under rack to catch glaze drippings. Slowly spoon Five Flavor Glaze onto top of hot cake. Cool completely.
- To make the Five Flavor Glaze: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, water and 1/2 teaspoon each coconut, lemon, rum, butter and vanilla extracts. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 511 cal
- 22.9 g
- 71.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (136)Rate This Recipe
"I am a baker in Los Angeles and I make this cake for my customers and they just love it. If you don't grease the pan properly it will stick so that is most important. When I make it I alternate the ..." See moreflavors. I use vanilla, Maple, banana, coconut and butter. Or I use butter, lemon, vanilla, almond and coconut. Thanks for this recipe!!"
"Grease AND flour the pan or this delicious cake will not only be 5 flavors, but will also come out in at least 5 pieces!..." See more"
Five Flavor Pound Cake II
Butter Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.