Cooky Corn Cake3 Reviews
“Cream corn in a sweet cake! Why not?” - by Kevin Ryan
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine the creamed corn with the white sugar and 1/2 cup of the dark brown sugar. Stir in the eggs and the oil.
- Combine the baking powder, flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Add the nuts and raisins.
- Add the flour mixture to the corn mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cake cool completely then frost.
- To Make Frosting: Bring the butter and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the heavy cream and the confectioners' sugar. Mix until of frosting consistency. Add more confectioners' sugar if necessary. Use to frost cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 306 cal
- 14.4 g
- 43.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome. I didnt use any of the spices...just the base recipe. It was wonderful, moist, delish...." See more"
"A very odd cake, but tasty enough. This one gets 4 stars from me because I just didn't care for the bits of corn that got stuck in my teeth. I did substitute butter for the oil and skipped the raisi..." See morens and nuts. I made this for a corn festival, but probably won't make it again. The icing, however, is wonderful and I will use that part of the recipe again!"
Hummingbird Cake II
Cherry Nut Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.