Sock It to Me Cake IV36 Reviews
“I first received this recipe in 1972. It was the rage at that time. It's delicious.” - by Doran
Original recipe yields 1 -10-inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, blend together cake mix, sour cream, oil, 1/4 cup white sugar, water, and eggs. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared tube pan.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter evenly over filling mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45-55 minutes until the cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool right-side-up in pan about 25 minutes.
- Mix together confectioners' sugar and milk.
- Remove cake from pan and drizzle with glaze.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 381 cal
- 20.9 g
- 46.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (36)Rate This Recipe
"Made this cake yesterday, and it is fabulous! Husband ate 2 huge servings! Only subs I made were toasted walnuts (heart healthy) instead of pecans and plain nonfat yogurt instead of fat and calorie ..." See moreladen sour cream. Cake was very moist, flavorful, and simply delicious! I will not feel guilty eating it with these healthy changes."
"I used all the other recommendations from the other reviews and this cake came out perfect! I made it for a family get together and now it is requested for every one. I added slightly more sour cream..." See more; little bit less baking time (40 min); more filling and more layers of that filling; swirl the filling with the batter at ea. layer; almond extract in cake and glaze; dust pan with cinnamon and sugar"
Mom's Rum Cake
Sock it to Me Cake V
Just swipe to see more like this.