Chicken and Tomato Stew with Arugula and Cannellini11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A hearty tomato and white wine-based stew for cold winter nights. For lovers of the peppery arugula plant!” - by amanda1432
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon of white wine, 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Add the chicken cubes, and stir to coat. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Pour in the remaining olive oil, and add the garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant. Mix in 1 cup of white wine, 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar, tomatoes, and cannellini beans. Stir in the chicken, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, basil, arugula, and red pepper flakes. Cover, and turn off heat. Let sit until the arugula and basil have wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls, and top with Romano cheese to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 507 cal
- 18.6 g
- 47.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This is very flavorful. I added a chopped shallot with the garlic, cooked the pasta in bouillon and added a little chicken broth. We ate the whole thing in one night! Excellent, one of our favorite..." See more recipes. Thank you!"
"Very good! I used navy beans instead of cannellini beans and they worked very well...." See more"
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
Tender Tomato Chicken Breasts
Just swipe to see more like this.