Fudgy Cream Cheese Tunnel Cake57 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 35 min
“A dense tunnel of chocolaty cream cheese winds through this cake, which is so decadent, yet surprisingly easy.” - by Amanda Denton
Original recipe yields 1 -10-inch Bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan, tapping out excess.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, 3 tablespoons heavy cream, and melted chocolate until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cake mix, coffee, oil, and eggs until just mixed. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Mound the cream cheese mixture around the pan, but do not spread to the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour in the pan before inverting.
- To prepare the glaze, heat 1/2 cup heavy cream in small saucepan over medium heat until the edges are bubbly. Mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and stir until melted and smooth. Simmer one minute, until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over the cake, letting it to flow down the sides. Cool completely, allowing the glaze to set. Store in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 632 cal
- 42.7 g
- 61.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"To avoid the "hole in the center" when the cream cheese tunnel doesn't hold up to slicing, add an egg and 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 tsp. baking powder to the cream cheese mixture. Yummy cake!..." See more"
"My coworkers and my husband loved this! I'm not usually a chocolate lover, but it tastes like a chocolate cake with cheesecake in the middle. Yum! I did add an egg to the cream cheese mixture before..." See more baking and it turned out perfectly. I will definitely make this again!"
"This was delicious. I actually made two cakes: one as listed here and the second I used white chocolate chips. Everyone preferred the white chocolate center. Also, on the second cake I sprinkled the p..." See moreecans on top instead of in it (in case someone doesn't like nuts), increased the cream used in the cream cheese mixture by 2 tablespoons, and made a white chocolate glaze to compliment the chocolate glaze. Yummy!"
Cream Cheese Pound Cake III
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.