Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza32 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 18 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 18 min
“This can be used as a main dish or an appetizer. It contains dried figs, caramelized onions and tangy goat cheese on a homemade crust.” - by ASHLEY_S
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour the water into a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand for a few minutes to dissolve. Mix in the oil, salt, and flour to make a dough. When the dough is too stiff to stir, turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes. Place into an oiled bowl, and cover with a clean towel. Set aside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. Let stand for about 10 minutes, then drain and chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until they are wilted and soft. Reduce heat to low, and season with salt. Continue to cook and stir until the onions are a dark brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the thyme, fennel seed and figs, and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Punch down the pizza dough, and stretch into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. Place on a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush the surface lightly with remaining olive oil. Spread the onion and fig mixture over the crust. It will be sparse, but there is plenty of flavor. Dot with pieces of goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust has turned golden brown at the edges.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 630 cal
- 17.9 g
- 100.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"Very tastey. I'd recommend blending the oil olive into the goat cheese, and then spreading it on the crust. Then press the onions, seeds, and thinly sliced figs into the cheese before you bake. Oth..." See moreerwise, the toppings tend to fall off when you try to eat it. Just increase the cheese and oil until it's moist enough for you."
"Note from the recipe writer: This is meant to be a dry cocktail pizza. However, if you prefer a wetter one, try mixing a bit of ricotta cheese with olive oil, then spread on crust before adding the ot..." See moreher indredients. It's very good and a bit mellower than the original. I'm giving 5 stars to the amended version--it's my friend Lori's innovation."
Goat Cheese Arugula Pizza - No Red Sauce!
1-Dish Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.