Pralines, Coffee and Cream Cake71 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a great cake for parties, gatherings, etc. I always get numerous requests for the recipe. Easy to make!” - by MLDMO
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, coffee liqueur and oil in large bowl and mix on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 25 minutes (may vary). Done when cake springs back to the touch or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside on cooling rack.
- To make pralines: combine butter and brown sugar in small saucepan. Heat on medium to medium high, stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 2 minutes, again stirring constantly. Pour in pecans and remove from heat. Stir, then immediately pour pralines over cake. Cool cake in refrigerator.
- To make frosting: combine pudding mix, milk, cream cheese, and nondairy whipped topping, and beat with electric mixer until well mixed. Spread on cake. Ready to serve!
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 570 cal
- 36.4 g
- 51.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (71)Rate This Recipe
"I can't remember a cake I've made that was such a hit! Everyone asks for the recipe when I make it. No one can guess what's in it. I wouldn't serve it to non-drinkers though. Be sure and cool the ca..." See moreke completely before frosting it. One time I made this, I followed the instructions on the cake box (called for egg whites instead of whole eggs, and 2 Tbl. oil instead of 1/2 cup). I wished I hadn't done that - the texture just wasn't right. I have found that 1 cup of milk is better than 1 1/2 cup - otherwise, the frosting is a bit too runny. Note that 1 1/2 cups pecans is a 6 oz. package. Thanks so much for the recipe!!"
"What a super cake! I used a butter pecan cake mix and substituted a cup of strong coffee for the coffe liquor (since the last cake I made that called for a cup of it tasted of nothing but booze) and t..." See morehe cake turned out great. The praline layer was positively delicious, and the frosting? Y-U-M! I got so many compliments on the frosting itself as well as the cake when I brought it into work. The whole thing was just rich and delicious and great."
"This is a fabulous cake - outstanding! Very impressive and gourmet tasting! I made it for a gathering, and everyone profusely praised it and wanted the recipe. Absolutely the best, and easy too! No..." See moret inexpensive, though, since Kahlua and 1 1/2 cups pecans aren't cheap, but I must say this cake is worth every penny! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!My only suggestion would be to downsize the Cool-Whip from 12 oz. to 8 oz. size. There was so much frosting that I discarded some of it. I also think by downsizing the Cool-Whip that the flavor of the vanilla pudding would show through a little more and enhance the frosting. I highly recommend this cake!"
Cream Puff Cake
Sour Cream Coffee Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.