Chicken or Turkey Crepes with Tarragon25 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“I've made these for years, and it's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey! If you're not in the mood for tarragon, just use your favorite spices! Prepare a basic crepe recipe in advance. Crepes can be made and frozen up to several weeks ahead of time.” - by SHODGIN
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Prepare a basic crepe recipe in advance. Crepes can be made and frozen up to several weeks ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in flour until blended. Slowly whisk in 1 cup milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Mix in broth, wine, and tarragon; stir over medium-low heat until thickened (about 4 minutes).
- In a small bowl, gradually stir 3 tablespoons of the hot milk and broth sauce into the egg yolks; then pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking briskly. Cook 1 minute more, then remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together half of the sauce with the chicken. Season with salt to taste.
- Fill each crepe with 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture. Roll crepes, and place seam-side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Thin the remaining sauce with 1/4 cup milk, and pour over crepes.
- Bake in a preheated oven 20 minutes, or until sauce begins to bubble.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 114 cal
- 6.9 g
- 3.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this a few times and always get compliments when I make it. I use a little more tarragon than the recipe calls for, and I use egg substitute in place of the egg yolks. Great flavor!..." See more"
"This came out quite well- although I recommend adding a lot more tarragon- maybe twice the amount, plus dashes of salt and pepper and onion powder. We love onions here so I used about 1/2 cup of fine..." See morely diced onions. I also ended up baking the dish for 30 minutes (that's when it got nice and bubbly). Even though it was a lot of work, I really enjoyed putting a different kind of dish on the table, and everyone liked it alot. I served it with green beans almondine on the side. Enjoy! :)"
"This is my second review of this dish. The taste is good but the quantities are off. The filling is not enough for more than 6-7 crepes. I made it today again with 3 boneless chicken breas.ts I bo..." See moreiled the chicken breasts, added garlic salt and chicken bouillon to the water. I then used the cooking water for my broth. I left out the tarragon, added 1/4 tsp rosemary and 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper and it made 6 nice sized crepes. There is plenty of sauce. So, if you are looking to make 12 crepes use more chicken I love this recipe it is delicious and versatile."
Chicken a la King I
Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini Deluxe
Just swipe to see more like this.