Pumpkin Roll Cake270 Reviews
“A thin pumpkin cake, rolled around in a white cream filling, then in nuts. Can be frozen and served chilled. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 15 x10x1-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 228 cal
- 12.4 g
- 27 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (270)Rate This Recipe
"This was great. Very easy to make. I wish we had the ability to reply to reviews on this site, since we can not I'll make a few comments to some of the reviewers here. Spread the cake in the pan ..." See moreall the way to the corners with a spatula. Smooth it evenly throughout the pan. If you dump it all in the center of the pan, it will not spread out to the corners in the oven by itself. Spray the pan with regular Pam, line it with wax paper, spray the wax paper with Pam for baking (with flour) and the cake will be easy to remove from the pan. Roll the cake in a towel (or as another suggested, use a pillow case). This is done to let the heat and moisture escape. Rolling it in wax paper will trap in moisture from the hot cake and make the cake soggy. Hope this helps."
"We made 20 of these this past weekend. We found that if you just spray the pan good with pam and not use wax paper it will work good. We put our wax paper on the table, lightly coated it with powdered..." See more sugar then when it came out of the oven we put a small amount of powdered sugar on top of the cake and then rolled it up and put in ref. to cool down. It unrolled real good. We also added 8 Tablespoons of Cool Whip to the filling and it really gave it a good taste. We have more orders to fill for Christmas.lol. So you can see it is a very good recipe."
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll III
Just swipe to see more like this.