Jewish Apple Cake II88 Reviews
“Yellow cake filled with apples and cinnamon.” - by shirleyo
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle sliced apples with 5 tablespoons white sugar and the ground cinnamon. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Mix the flour, eggs, 2 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla until well blended. Batter will be fairly stiff.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Place the apple mixture over the batter then pour the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 to 80 minutes. Let cake cool in pan.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 435 cal
- 17.5 g
- 66.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (88)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is wonderful, however I did make a some changes based on reading others' reviews: 2 cups of sugar instead of 2 1/2, I used 5 apples instead of 3 (Granny Smith), I added 2 tablespoons of br..." See moreown sugar, I used apple sauce instead of vegetable oil (I found Granny Smith apple sauce, so I used that), I kept the dry ingredients separate, and then added them to the wet ingredients, and finally I dusted with confectioners' sugar after the cake cooled. Also, I cut the apples first, and put them in a bowl of water with a few drops of lemon juice to keep them from turning brown while I'm making the batter."
"I have been making this cake and variations of it for 25 years. As has been pointed out, it can take a lot of add ins. I always use four cups of apples and more cinnamon. Also, I bake it at 300 for 1 ..." See morehour and 45 minutes and it is always perfect. If you want a real slice of heaven, substitute fresh peaches for your summer picnics - delicious. This is always the favorite when taken to any event. It is a heavy cake and gets better with each day - if you can keep it around."
"I loved this recipe! My mother-in-law loved it so much she asked for the recipe. I made some changes though: substituted applesauce for the oil, mixed dry ingredients separately and added them to t..." See morehe wet, reduced amount of sugar to 1 1/2 cups to reduce sweetness added from applesauce, greased, sugared and floured pan, and finally, I dusted the cake with powdered sugar once cool. I promise, this cake is so moist and tasty."
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.