Oatmeal Cake II51 Reviews
“This a quick cake that 's hearty enough to serve for breakfast or brunch.” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Pour the boiling water over the quick oats and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13x15 inch baking pan .
- Cream the shortening with the sugar until light. Beat in the eggs. Then add the oats and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine the baking soda, salt , cinnamon and flour. Mix until combined. Add the raisins to the flour mixture and coat well.
- Add the raisin and flour mixture to the oatmeal mixture and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with whipped topping, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 141 cal
- 4.6 g
- 23.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (51)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for my family of six. Most of us loved it, but my teenage son thought it was kind of sweet. He still ate it all. LOL My only comment would be that I used a 9 X 13 pan and that was ple..." See morenty big. The cake was less than an inch tall using that pan. I've never seen a 13 X 15 pan, but I can't imagine it would have given me a very thick cake if I had used one. We'll definitely be making this again! Thanks!"
"Wow!! This was super easy and delicious. I baked it in a round pan (a 9x13 would have been too big, i think) and had a bit extra left over for a few muffins. I ommitted the raisins and added a crumb..." See more topping (1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 TB butter). Definitely will make this again!!"
"This was fabulous ! I used a 9x13 pan and increased the ingredients for 32 servings and it raised all the way to the top of the pan. I served it to a group of 16 and it was gone !!! No leftovers fo..." See morer me to bring back home. Everyone commented how moist and flavorful it was and several want the recipe. I did not add the raisins since I did not have any but I don't think it would have made that big of a difference. This cake is wonderful."
Oatmeal Cake III
Banana Oatmeal Crumb Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.