Orange Slice Cake II2 Reviews
“Festive enough for holidays and great tasting enough for any day!” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the butter milk and add it to the egg mixture, beating well.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, dates, candy, nuts and coconut. Mix to coat. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and combine well. Dough will be very stiff and may require mixing with your hands. Place dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Mix the orange juice and confectioners' sugar together and pour over the hot cake. Let cake stand in pan overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 460 cal
- 16 g
- 77.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"My mother made this every Christmas since the 1960's. A few slight differences - her recipe called for pecans instead of walnuts, 2 tablespoons of grated orange peel, and only 8 oz. of dates; it was b..." See moreaked at 325. She always used a large (16 x 5 x 5) loaf pan. In recent years, I've been the one who bakes it each December. The cake always collapsed when the glaze was poured over it, so a couple of years ago, I tried heating the glaze in the microwave first. It works! The cake remains full size."
Orange Slice Cake
Orange Oatmeal Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.