Curried Cashew, Pear, and Grape Salad171 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Whenever I make this salad for guests, I'm always asked for the recipe and my family always requests this. We call it 'The Good Salad.'” - by CHRISTYA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast cashews until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove cashews to a dish to cool slightly.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, cook bacon strips until crisp on both sides, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and soak up grease with a paper towel. Coarsely chop bacon, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, rosemary, curry powder, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, and toasted cashews. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together white wine vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, toss dressing with greens, pear slices, grapes, and bacon, and sprinkle with nut mixture.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 372 cal
- 30.7 g
- 21.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (171)Rate This Recipe
"This is a wonderful salad and very forgiving as you can add almost any fruit to it and it still comes out superb! Try adding mandarin oranges - you won't be disappointed..... Side note: A little oi..." See morely for my taste so will probably cut back on the amount of oil called for next time!"
"AWESOME is the only way to describe this salad. I have brought it to many social events and it ALWAYS gets rave reviews, looks very pretty and many requests for a copy. My "tweeks" include: Sprea..." See mored the cashews on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake @ 350 degree for 10-15 minutes until lightly toasted/browned. Saves time, uneveness and greater chance of burning when cooking on stove. I cut back the olive oil to 1/3 cup (use very high quality olive oil) and maple bacon. I use a whole pear sliced then cut each slice into halves or thirds, depending on how large the pear is, and toss. For a more formal presentation, toss the greens with the vinagrette, place on a decorative plate, then sprinkle with the bacon, grapes & pears, leaving pears in slices vs cutting in pieces and fan out in a circular pattern. Use a firm pear and make sure to wait until the very end to add the pears to prevent browning. If desired, blue cheese, roquefort or gorgonzola sprinkles can also be added. YUM!!"
"oh my. i wish i could give this more stars. this salad was amazing; the best i've ever tasted. my man, who is usually very cool with his compliments, ate very noisily and raved with every bite. it..." See more was also fairly simple to put together. this will definitely become a staple. bravo. p.s. i left out the bacon."
Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Cashew Avocado Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.