Amalgamation Cake I5 Reviews
“This cake's frosting is similar to that of German Chocolate Cake.” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 1 3-layer cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 8-inch cake pans.
- Mix flour, soda, cloves, and cinnamon; add 1 cup raisins, 1 cup nuts, and 1 cup coconut and mix well. Set aside.
- Cream 2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups butter. Stir in jam. Add buttermilk alternately with flour mixture, mixing with a spoon, until all is used up, ending with flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they hold a peak. Fold into other mixture. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool and frost.
- To make frosting: mix 4 egg yolks until they are broken up and smooth, add 1/2 cup evaporated milk and mix together until the eggs yolks are mixed well with milk. Add rest of evaporated milk, 2 cups sugar, and 1/2 cup butter. Cook until thick and remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups nuts, 2 cups raisins, and 2 cups coconut. Cool slightly while beating mixture with a spoon. Spread on cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 1286 cal
- 59.6 g
- 181.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"AMALGAMATION is right! Took an AMALGAMATION of ingredients! :-) I tried this the other day and it was WELL worth it! Will have to make another, because I am going to take it to the Church dinner n..." See moreext Sunday. Thanks!"
"I took this to my favorite charity's first ever CAKE AUCTION.People were bidding like crazy. The cake finally went for $51.25. I guess that says something about this fabulously unique and tasty treat!..." See more Thanks for sharing Glenda."
Japanese Fruit Cake II
Marble Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.