Sweet Potato Cheesecake77 Reviews
“Sweet potatoes are a delectable addition to cheesecake. The rich, buttery flavor, and the smooth texture are perfect. This is a good pick for the fall or winter table.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 1/2 inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 1/2 inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool. Don't turn the oven off.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish. Bake until a knife inserted in center goes through easily, about 1 hour. Don't turn oven off. Cool sweet potatoes enough to handle, peel, and puree.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of sweet potato puree to a large bowl. Add cream cheese, 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar, sour cream and 1/4 cup cream; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour. Turn off the oven. Let cake stand 1 hour in oven with door ajar.
- Combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat, and bring to a boil. Mix in 1/4 cup cream, then nuts. Pour hot topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 619 cal
- 40.9 g
- 57.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (77)Rate This Recipe
"This cheesecake was AWESOME! My boyfriend is in love with the sweet potatoe cheesecake we get here at Glady's Knight Chicken & Waffles Restaurant. He asked me to try and duplicate it, well this one ca..." See moreme out better, sorry Glady's! I did add a few ingredients to enhance the flavors. 1/2 c chopped pecans and 1/2 tea cinnamon to crust. I also added 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tea cinnamon, 1/4 tea nutmeg, 1/4 tea ginger and 2 tea vanilla to filling. I used 2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes (definately bake the potatoes adds flavor). Don't over beat the filling and put a shallow pan of water on the rack below the cake for a flawless cheesecake w/o cracks every time. Baked 1hr 10 mins in 9" pan, removed from oven immediately when center was almost set. This cake is super rich and delicious, absolutely worth the effort. If you love cheesecake and sweet potatoe pie, you'll love this cake. Will be making this often."
"With a few modifications, this was an excellent cheesecake! I added some flavor(nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice) to the sweet potato puree, as if I were making a sweet potato pie. I also cooked this ..." See morein a waterbath, which added to the silky texture. And finally, I added a bit of cinnamon to the topping, which was the perfect touch! Great recipe for those who love sweet potato pie!"
"I thought this recipe was great. I just made a few modifications. I treated the sweet potato puree like the filling for a pie. I added cinnamon, a squeeze of lemon, a drop of vanilla extract, and a ta..." See moreblespoon or two of butter (sinful I know). I made if for Thanksgiving (with the topping) and Christmas (without the topping) and the family loved them both. I think this will be a new holiday favorite!"
Sweet Potato Pound Cake
Sweet Potato Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.