Date Nut Mayonnaise Cake5 Reviews
“A great snacking cake.” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 x 13 inch sheet cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix dates, 1 teaspoon soda, and boiling water. Cool.
- Add flour, 1 cup sugar, mayonnaise, and remaining 1 teaspoon soda. Use medium speed of mixer, and beat until mixture is well blended. Stir in nuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon sauce. Mix beaten egg and 1/4 cup water; place in a medium saucepan. Add 1 cup sugar, butter or margarine, and lemon peel and juice. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Serve sauce over warm cake. Refrigerate any leftover sauce.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 340 cal
- 19.5 g
- 40.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I have made this same exact recipe for years but I bake mine in a loaf pan. I also do not use any sauce on mine. I think it is great without it...." See more"
"this is really soft and light. i couldnt bring myself to eat the sauce though, it looked and smelled like a pan of melted butter and really put me off. the cake by itself was great though...." See more"
Date Nut Loaf Cake
Ultimate Mayonnaise Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.