Neapolitan Bundt Cake67 Reviews
“Strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla striped cake . . . it's quite delicious!” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs on low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the bundt pan.
- Measure 1/2 of the remaining batter into a small bowl and stir in the strawberry extract and food color (as much as you want to make a pretty, dark pink color). Carefully pour this into the pan.
- Stir 1/4 cup chocolate syrup into the remaining batter and carefully pour this into the pan on top of the strawberry batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drizzle chocolate glaze over the top.
- To make chocolate glaze: Mix together confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup until smooth. If necessary, a few drops of water or a small amount of additional confectioners' sugar may be added until the desired consistency is obtained. Drizzle over top of the bundt cake.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 446 cal
- 15.9 g
- 70.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (67)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is a great concept, but going into it, I knew there would definitely be a lack of defined flavor, so I decided to change it at the get go. It turned out wonderful and my family loved it. ..." See more I did use the strawberry flavoring, but I used about 1/2 tsp more. I then added an 1/8 cup of strawberry jam. (Next time I'll use a little more because my family LOVED the small strawberry pieces in the cake.) The chocolate cake batter DEFINITELY lacked chocolate flavor, so I added an 1/8 cup of Dutch cocoa and 6 tablespoons of melted bittersweet chocolate. (You could probably use semi-sweet.) I was NOT pleased with the taste of the frosting...it tasted more like confectioners sugar instead of chocolate. So, I added cocoa powder, a little melted bittersweet chocolate, 1/2 tsp of vanilla and enough milk to make it "drizzable." Turned out deliciously. Upon cutting the cake, we found perfectly marbled layers and will definitely make this cake again AND serve it with neapolitan ice cream!!"
"I made this for my granddaughter's birthday--served it with neapolitan ice cream--and it was very good--moist & tasty--and it looked very pretty. I didn't have strawberry extract so I used 1/4 cup str..." See moreawberry syrup in the strawberry part. I made a glaze using strawberry syrup and powdered sugar and drizzled it over the top."
"I followed the recipe as written, except that I used 4 egg whites instead of 3 eggs to keep the cake white and made it in an angel food cake pan. And, I did have to bake it about 10 minutes longer. ..." See moreWhen it was sliced, I thought there would be 3 distinct layers of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, but was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful swirl pattern. Instead of pouring the batter, I spooned all 3 layers into the pan. Everyone at work thought the cake was yummy and asked for the recipe. One of the ladies at work made it for a church supper and said there was none left to take back home~everyone loved it. Highly recommend this recipe. It would make a lovely presentation served with sliced neopolitan ice cream!"
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.