Jama's Fancy Cakes3 Reviews
“This recipe is a pretty to look at chocolate cupcake. They take a little bit of extra work, but it's worth it! I make cupcakes for my fiance and his fellow firefighters every time he works a shift, and these are the ones that disappear the quickest!” - by J. Lynn
Original recipe yields 2 1/2-3 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven according to box directions for cupcakes. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. (Be sure to use liners, and not just the pan.)
- Mix cake according to package directions. Fill cupcake liners slightly less than half full. (You want the cupcake to bake up close to level with the top of the liner.
- Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In chilled medium bowl combine whipping cream and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- After cupcakes are cooled completely, frost with a level layer of whipped cream frosting.
- Spoon remaining frosting into pastry bag fitted with a star decorating tip. Pipe around the edges of the cupcakes.
- Spoon a small amount of cherry pie filling in the center of each. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 153 cal
- 9.6 g
- 16.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"These are a bit of work to make but they are always so pretty it's worth the effort. I add 1 tsp or so of vanilla to my whipped cream to make chantilly cream and I would recommend adding a stabilizer ..." See moreas well (for anyone who hasn't used these before you can usually find them in the baking isle of the bigger grocery stores) if your cakes will have to sit for awile, otherwise the cream will begin to soften and fall."
"These cupcakes were very good, you have to be careful not to leave your frosting out to long because it starts to lose its firmness. I would make again. ..." See more"
"This is almost the same cake I make for my husband! His favorite! I use Betty Crocker Devil's food cake and bake in a 9x13 baking dish, cool it, and spoon on a 16 oz. container of Cool Whip, then sp..." See moreoon on 2 cans of Comstock original Cherries. I use Comstock brand because it is not to sweet and not to tart. So I already love this version now I can make it a new way! I also refrigerate it. Thanks Kathy"
Chocolate Cakes with Liquid Centers
Homemade Cream Filled Individual Sponge Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.