Chocolate Butterschnapps Cake3 Reviews
“A two-layer, glazed, chocolate schnapps cake.” - by bk
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch round layer cake
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Gradually add sugar, and beat until fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture slowly; mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup schnapps, almond extract, and vanilla. Briefly stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Mix only to combine. Stir in chips with spatula. Divide batter into two greased and floured, 8 inch, round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, and stir in 12 ounces chocolate chips. Cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Remove lid, and stir in amaretto.
- Remove layers from pans. Brush with remaining schnapps. Place one layer on a serving plate. Pour 1/3 of the glaze over the layer, and then place the second layer over the first. Pour remaining glaze over the whole cake. Decorate with slivered almonds.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 641 cal
- 36.4 g
- 74.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Tastes good but I agree with the other reviewer that is more like a brownie than a cake. Also stuck in the pans horribly so we ended up crumbling it up and serving more like a dessert with the glaze o..." See morever it. "
"Amazing flavor!!!! You definitely need to double the recipe so you don't get that brownie-feel. I used a spring form pan and it stuck pretty bad, no matter what I did. This recipes negative are mai..." See morenly structure related and have nothing to do with the actual taste...you won't be disappointed there!"
Chocolate Italian Cream Cake
Double Chocolate Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.