Sinful Flourless Espresso Cake10 Reviews
“Sinfully delicious! This cake must be chilled overnight, so plan ahead.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch round cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Bring butter, espresso, and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Place chocolate in a large bowl, and add boiling hot espresso mixture. Whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk in eggs. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place cake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting to come half way up the sides of the cake pan. Bake until center of cake is set, and a tester inserted comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour. Remove from water. Chill overnight.
- Puree raspberries in processor. Chill. Serve with chilled cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 649 cal
- 48 g
- 55.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Very easy recipe to make. The amount of batter is more than enough for one 9" cake pan. I had to use several custard cups to accommodate the extra. Not a problem. What was a problem was the textur..." See moree of the cake after being chilled over night. The cake which had a rich, cake-like texture after cooling to room temperature became fudge-like after being cooled overnight. I tasted the cake both ways and do not feel that the flavor (which was very nice) improves with time. I might make this again for a real chocolate diehard but I would definitely serve it same day at room temperature."
"This is an excellent recipe. I made it for a potluck and everyone enjoyed it. Used a springform pan instead of cake pan as there was way to much batter for the cake pan. Topped with fresh strawberry s..." See moreauce."
Flourless Chocolate Cake I
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.