Boiled Chocolate Delight Cake9 Reviews
“This is a wonderfully moist cake which goes very well with many kinds of sauces.” - by Jackie
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch bundt cake
- Thoroughly grease bottom and sides of a 2-quart heat proof mold or 9 inch bundt pan. Sprinkle with white sugar and tap out excess.
- n large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, cinnamon and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with milk until well blended. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased mold. Cover with piece of greased aluminum foil, greased side down. Fold down edges of foil around rim; fasten securely with string.
- Place a rack in la large kettle or pot; pour in water to top of rack. Heat water to boiling; place mold on rack. Reduce heat. Cover kettle and steam cake over simmering water for hour and 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. (Add water, as needed, during steaming to keep water at rack level.) Remove mold from kettle; cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Run tip of sharp knife around edges; invert on serving plate. Serve hot accompanied with sauces of your choice.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 328 cal
- 13.3 g
- 49.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I couldn't believe how beautiful this cake turned out. I used my large pressure cooker, without the pressure cooker attachment thingy, because it was large enough to hold my bundt pan. I also didn't h..." See moreave any cocoa powder, so I used 3 bars of Hershey's Unsweetened Chocolate Bars(It was all I had left)so the cinnamon is very predominate and delicious. I then made a sauce using Bailey's Cappacino Liquor and whipped cream. Amazing. Thank you for such a wonderful dream cake... "
"This cake was a blast to make! We had it for Easter. I didn't have a pot large enough to put the whole bundt inside it, so I rested the rim of my bundt on the rim of the largest pot I had, which fit p..." See moreerfectly. I put foil over only the bundt at first and then toward the end of the boiling I put foil over the whole pot to get the top of the cake done. It was moist and delicious but not too rich. We also used a chocolate glaze that worked perfectly. Enjoy!"
"This is probably the best cake I've ever made. It has fabulous texture, very soft and fudgy. It is excellent plain but would be great with ice-cream as well. Instead of using a rack I did it in a sq..." See moreuare Bundt pan that was inserted into a round pot so that the edges overlapped and it was held up by the rim of the pot. I filled the bottom two inches of the pot with water and covered the top with the pot lid (with the pan inside). Seemed to work great but took much longer than anticipated, about two hours because some of the steam was escaping. Thanks for a great cake!"
Chocolate Zucchini Cake I
Best Moist Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.