Peppermint Chiffon Cake15 Reviews
“An oh-so-minty cake!” - by Lynn
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch tube or bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Separate the eggs.
- Sift the cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the oil, egg yolks, water, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Beat with mixer on low for 1 minute.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tarter until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a separate bowl and tint with the food coloring.
- Alternate large spoonfuls of red and plain batter into an ungreased tube or bundt pan. Run a knife or spatula through the batter to make a swirled effect.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 55 minutes. Increase heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until done. Let cake cool in pan on rack. Once cool remove from pan and frost, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 330 cal
- 12.3 g
- 48.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Mmm!! This cake is really good. I didn't have any cake flour so for each one cup of flour needed, I used one cup of regular flour, minus 2 tbsp. and then added 2 tbsp. of cornstarch. It worked fine..." See more! Also, I decided to use mint flavored frosting. I'm adding that recipe to Allrecipes... "Chlyha427's Mint Frosting." Check it out! It really made the cake great!"
"very good, made for x-mas eve birthday cake, left out food coloring, bake a little longer than barely brown, top with glaze of peppermint, milk, butter, sugar, and crushed candy canes and melted drizz..." See moreled chocolate, easy and tasty and light"
Glorious Sponge Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.