Sugar Free Applesauce Cake10 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Moist apple cake with only the natural goodness of apples for sweetener. Great for kids and people watching their refined sugar intake.” - by Lynn
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch square cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch square baking pan.
- Beat the eggs until they drop like ribbons from the beaters. Continue beating and add the oil in a thin stream. Beat in the 1 cup applesauce and the 1 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate.
- Beat in the flour gradually until well blended. Add the baking soda, ground ginger, ground almonds and apples, mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes or until the cake tests done. Let cake cool on a rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pan. Cool completely before frosting.
- Carefully slice the cake in half horizontally with a long serrated knife. Fill and frost with Apple Butter Frosting.
- To Make Apple Butter Frosting: Beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Gradually beat in the apple butter and remaining 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 402 cal
- 23.5 g
- 40.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Moist cake that would benefit from the addition of raisins or dates and some more spices, like cinnamon and cloves. If you want to really "frost" the cake with the suggested frosting, you need to pre..." See morepare it while the cake is baking and then chill it to thicken it up. You really need to be careful to prepare the pan or it will stick. For those who really must be strict about their diets, this isn't a bad option. It isn't flat and tasteless as so many are and it doesn't call for odd or difficult to find ingredients. I will try it again."
"I used this cake for my son's first birthday party. He loved it as did the rest of our guests. I added a bit more juice concentrate to the frosting to give it more flavor. You also have to make sur..." See moree the top layer of frosting is thick enough because when it sits for a bit, the cake looks spotty in areas that have little icing. The hardest part was not tearing the cake when trying to put the two halves back together. I found that you could substitute any unsweetened fruit juice concentrate if you happen to be out of apple. --a sugar conscious mom"
"I followed this recipe to the exact, and I tell ya, I feel like I wasted a lot of money making this cake. It has no flavor at all, Im always looking and trying new recipes to make for my mom that is s..." See moreugar free. I actually throwed it out. It was that bad. It really needs some other flavors in it."
Sugar Free Blueberry Coffee Cake
No Bake Sugar Free Cheese Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.